"Tiogue School - Embracing our Learning Community...Developing Tomorrow's Leaders."
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Wednesday, Sept 21th - PTA Popcorn Sold at Lunches
- Thursday, Sept 22 - PTA School Store/Autumn Begins
- Monday, Oct 3rd - Rosh Hashanah (No School)
- Thursday, October 6th - PTA School Store
- Monday, October 10th - Columbus Day (No School)
- Wednesday, October 12th - Yom Kippur (No School)
- Thursday, October 13th - PTA School Store
- Friday, October 14th - 1st Mid-Trimester Grades Close
- Thursday, October 20th - LifeTouch Fall Photos/PTA School Store
- Friday, October 21st - PTA Fun Run Day
- Wednesday, October 26th - PTA General Membership Mtg./PK-3 Hearing Screenings
- Friday, October 28th - Career Dress Up Day/1st Mid-Trimester Reports Go Home
- Friday, October 28th - Kindergarten Pumpkin Night
- Saturday, October 29th - PTA “Trunk or Treat” at Tiogue
- Monday, October 31st - Halloween
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 – Gr. 1 Field Trip to Pequot Museum, CT.
- Friday, Nov. 4 – “Gwendolyn the Graceful Pig” Assemblies; PTA Lunch w/Students
- Sunday, Nov 6 – Daylight Saving Time Ends
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 – Election Day – No School for Students
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 – PTA Gen Mem. Mtg.(Grade3)
- Friday, Nov. 11- Veteran’s Day – No School - Enjoy!
- Monday, Nov. 14 – 18 – PTA Scholastic Book Fair – Library
- Monday, Nov. 21- ½ Day for Parent-Teacher Conferences; Dismissal at 11:30 a.m.; Conferences (1:00 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Nov. 22 - ½ Day for Parent-Teacher Conferences Dismissal at 11:30 a.m. Conf. End at 3:00 p.m.
- Wed. Nov. 23 – Pre-K Thanksgiving Feast
- Thurs./Fri. Nov. 24/25 – Happy Thanksgiving/Recess
It is essential for Coventry Public Schools' administration to communicate with families in emergency situations.
The school department will use three means to communicate with families to make multiple efforts in delivering information timely and to the most amount of constituents as possible. I encourage you to sign up for the first two and use the school website as a back-up plan. (The quickest way to get info. is to register for the Rhode Island Broadcasters.)
1. Automated Phone Call
2. Rhode Island Broad Casters Association - Sign up for email and text messages. Please register by clicking on the link below. It is important that you check off your child's individual school (ie. Hopkins Hill, Blackrock Elementary, Coventry High School, etc.) AND Coventry Public Schools.
3.Visit the district website
- At Tiogue School, we believe that students can achieve their personal best and become responsible and productive citizens by embracing all learning opportunities each day.
- A well-rounded education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, staff, administration, and the entire community. We are all responsible to develop the whole child academically, emotionally, socially, and physically to become lifelong learners.
- Education begins at home; the relationship between family and school must be continuously nurtured.
- Inspire the ambition for learning as a continuous, life-long process for everyone, not just students. Everyone must challenge themselves as well as one another so we will all be productive citizens.
- All children can learn and deserve a quality education in which individual needs are met, exceeded, and supported.
- We believe that each child has a unique pathway to learning. We begin where they are and facilitate their progress towards reaching their fullest potential
- All children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve
- High expectations for all result in higher achievement
- We should prepare students to be creative thinkers, problem solvers, and effective communicators in order to succeed in an increasingly complex world.