"Tiogue School - Embracing our Learning Community...Developing Tomorrow's Leaders."
It is essential for Coventry Public Schools' administration to communicate with families in emergency situations.
Sign up for email and text messages.
Please register by clicking on the link below. https://public.coderedweb.com/CGE/BFB4C7500173
***Please remember that Tiogue and every school in Coventry, are designated as No Smoking Campuses. We have had several reports of adults smoking before and after school in the parking lot areas. We respectfully ask that no one smoke on our school grounds. Thanks for your cooperation.***
READING WEEK ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Monday 4/9/18 - "WE ARE ALL EARS" - Teachers will "swap" rooms with a buddy classroom to guest read that day.
Tuesday 4/10/18 - "SQUEAK IN A WIN" - BINGO IN CLASS using our mouse packets, buddy up with another classroom to play BINGO!
Wednesday 4/11/18 - "WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY, THE MICE WILL PLAY" - Students will participate in a Vocabulary Parade throughout the school.
Thursday 4/12/18 - "SHH, SHH....BE AS QUIET AS A MOUSE" - Pajama Day!! Students can wear appropriate pajamas on Thursday. We ask that no child wear slippers to school on this day. At 2:30pm we will gather in the gymnasium for a quiet read with the whole school.
Friday 4/13/18 - "MEET THE BIG CHEESE", Author's Visit, Alan Katz! The day has finally arrived. Alan will host the following presentations:
9:00am-9:45am Grades K-1
10:00am-10:45am Grades 2-3
11:00am-11:45am Grade 4
12 noon-12:45pm Grade 5
2pm-3pm: Meet and Greet~Mouse Winners
MANY THANKS TO OUR ELA COMMITTEE & PTA for helping to organize all of the events, special activities and choosing our guest Author.
-April 9th through April 13th School Wide Reading Events (see above)
-April 9, 2018 - RICAS TESTING BEGINS FOR GR 3
-April 12, 2018 - PTA MTG 6:30pm
-April 13, 2018 - Author's Visit Alan Katz (his website)
-April 14th - 22nd SCHOOL VACATION
-April 23, 2018 - Back to School;
Make up testing for RICAS this week; School Committee & Superintendent Listening Session at Tiogue, 7pm-8pm
State Testing begins for all students in grades 3-5
- At Tiogue School, we believe that students can achieve their personal best and become responsible and productive citizens by embracing all learning opportunities each day.
- A well-rounded education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, staff, administration, and the entire community. We are all responsible to develop the whole child academically, emotionally, socially, and physically to become lifelong learners.
- Education begins at home; the relationship between family and school must be continuously nurtured.
- Inspire the ambition for learning as a continuous, life-long process for everyone, not just students. Everyone must challenge themselves as well as one another so we will all be productive citizens.
- All children can learn and deserve a quality education in which individual needs are met, exceeded, and supported.
- We believe that each child has a unique pathway to learning. We begin where they are and facilitate their progress towards reaching their fullest potential
- All children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve
- High expectations for all result in higher achievement
- We should prepare students to be creative thinkers, problem solvers, and effective communicators in order to succeed in an increasingly complex world.